Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"The Black Cat" Assignment #6

1) I hate being scared. I hate the feeling of my heart racing, it really bugs me. I'm only ok with being scared when I'm watching fiction horror movies or like sci-fi. Those are the only horror movies I like because I know it could never happen. But like Scream or some ghost horror movies I like to watch but I get nightmares and I don't like that. If I ever do watch something that I think is scary I always watch some funny afterwards such as Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (however you spell it).
2) Other than non-fiction horror movies, I really get scared in the dark. I mean I can be in my room in the dark when I'm trying to fall asleep but other than I can't be in the dark alone. I'm scared of my house at night. I have my boyfriend (or a friend) come over when I'm home alone at night. This one time I was in the woods walking up to a trail to get a good view of the city and I freaked out I did not let go of my boyfriend and on the way back we got lost and I started bawling, he laughed but I didn't think it was funny. I know this fears comes from my dad hidding in my house in the dark and would pop out when I came by and scared the crap out of me. He would also do that in the dark at my cabin walking up to the pub. He would walk behind us and wander into the woods and we would have no idea where he went. Then he would just pop out like nothing happened.
3) For a person to be "mad" they would have to be mentally crazy. The person would have to be talking to himself about taking over the world or something. Being "mad" would mean that you have to be in a straight jacket and locked up in one of those padded rooms where food comes through a slot in the door.
4) For someone to be driven into madness would have to have something horrible would have to happen such as one of their kids die at a young age. Most of the time parents can't take that and start to believe their kid is still alive and they go mad. I knew someone who went a little mentally crazy on the one year of his father's death. But yes either something horrible happens or they have a mental illnes..


Thanks
~Jamie!

2 comments:

Megan's Blog said...

Finally, someone else that doesn't like being scared...everyone seems to like it. So you think that people have to be mad or have a mental illness to be mad? Don't you think that they could be mad about something simple like love or money? Or are you saying that these simple life situations cause you to go insane and be mad? interesting thoughts...

Sarah's Blog said...

I completely agree with you. I like being scared and watching scary movies. I just hate the part after the movie where you're lying in your bed, worrying someone is creeping just outside your door. I also can't stand to be home alone at night! I definitely have to have someone be there with me.