Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Past Quarter

Wow this quarter has gone by fast....

1) I really have enjoyed writing poetry. Well actually short stories were ok when I knew what to write about. But yes poetry was my favorite because usually poems just come to me more easily and I don't have to think about introductions or conclusions.

2) My strongest piece of writing would have to be one of my poetry pieces. Like I said poems come to me more easily so it's more fun. I like to think about my past and my friends past to think of ideas. Also love is always a good subject. I have a lot of that happening in my life 24/7. About 3 years ago I used to keep a journal and I would write in it anywhere anytime. I filled three of them with stories, poems and drawings ( I wanted to be a tattoo artist so I would try to do some cool designs or something).

3) I found out that when I write other pieces other than poems I do have to have a lot of preparation. I'm not good at coming up with story plots on the top of my head. So I really think that all those prompts that we did helped with trying to figure out where to start.

4) I really don't know what I would like to pursue maybe non-fiction but I'm not sure. We could work on our own autobiographies. That would be interesting to hear everyone's story. I hate writing dialogue so plays and screenplays would be boring for me.


THANKS!!
~Jamie






2 comments:

Sarah's Blog said...

I completely agree that poetry is easier. I think it's totally cool that you kept a journal. I used to when I was younger and I wish I still did. That's awesome that you wanted to be a tatoo artist! Whenever I can I like to watch Miami Ink and I love seeing the different designs that they do. I think that would be a sweet job.
I also agree with you that it would be interesting to hear everyone's autobiography : )

common sense said...

It seemed like everyone liked writing poetry more then short stories but me. Oh well! I think your poems were really good and I remember reading some of them.
Keep up the good work!