Wednesday, September 12, 2007

First Assignment

HI! I'm Jamie! I'm 17 years old and soon turning 18 on October 5th. My family consists of my mom, my dad and my older brother, oh and myself. I used to be a huge punk rocker and so I still love skateboarding, even though I don't do the action anymore, but I love watching it. I also LOVE snowboarding. I didn't get to do much last year but I'm planning on every weekend this Winter. I'm still very much into classic and hard rock. I have taken french for 12 years but just last semester I switched to spanish because french writing got too hard. I don't like to analyze poems or writing but I do like to write, that is why I'm taking Creative WRITING, not ANALYZING. I mostly write poems that don't rhyme, have a lot of meaning and things that go on through out my life. The next four months I plan to try on concentrating on school, since it is my senior year and I need to boost my GPA. But also I want have fun, make new friends, and enjoy my last year of highschool. I don't know any authors or specific writer but hopefully I'll find someone that I can remember.

Metaphor Poem:

As I look up in the sweet
Dark night
I try counting the stars
And soon realize
Our love is like the
Twinkling stars
Even though you might
Not see it during the day
You always know it's going
To show up sooner or later

Our love is like the
Twinkling stars
Every night is different
And you know that anywhere
You go it will always be
There

Surrounding you




Thanks guys!!!

~Jamie

1 comment:

muna w. said...

hey! nice poem. but sometimes love is not always so sweet but i really like your poem!