Thursday, December 20, 2007

Toward the future/from the past

1. Well first of all at first I hated writing this play, I thought it was lame and had no point to it. I had no idea how to start my play it was annoying and frustrating. But when I did start going to it, it came easily. I knew what I wanted to write but just didn't know how to put it down on paper. But when I did all of my ideas came back and I just went with the flow. I think that my play is really strong and is up to date with issues in society. I mean lesbians in high school would be dramatic and fun to read about or watch.

2. I have only one idea for my personal essay and that is... MY BACK SURGERY! YAY! That is always what I write about when we need to write something personal.. Is that what it's supposed to be? Would back surgery be ok to write about? I really don't know. But it's non-fiction and I would have a lot of details to write about and it would be easy. I really don't have any other ideas. I could write about getting caught smoking in 9th grade on the last day of school but that could be inapropriate for school. But it's always an idea. Does this have to have a moral? Because the smoking idea would have a moral but not the back surgery... well it could be... don't get scoliosis... but I really don't think that would work. Other than those two ideas I have nothing... any ideas?

3. If I were to talk to a younger kid s/he would have to be 10 years of age because I don't think a 5 year old could take in all of my advice. My advice would have to come from my experiences and others. I know a lot of people that have gotten into more sh** than I have and I would base my advice off of that. I would probably tell them to be loose but not too loose. To have fun but know you're limits. Of course this would go into affect in middle school or highschool not elementary. When this kid, I'm giving advice to, gets into high school I would have to tell them to have a proper balance. Because if you're uneven you'll most likely fall. And you don't want to fall you want to SUCCEED!

Thanks
~Jamie

3 comments:

Megan's Blog said...

I love how in your second you were like contradicting yourself. I do think that that 9th grade story would have a good moral i mean it's in the past you have moved on from that i dont see why you couldnt. I also think that keeping a balance in life would be good advice...why didnt you give ME that advice 8 years ago.

Sarah's Blog said...

Yes I aggree that lesbians are dramatic and fun to read about and watch, just look at Tila Tequila. However, she herself is bisexual, but there were still lesbians on the show and it was extremely dramatic. I think your back surgery would be really interesting to write about because I know I'd want to read about it.

Mr. Miles said...

You could write about getting caught smoking. That'd be totally fine. I just didn't want kids writing things just to shock and awe me (or the class), which i felt like a few kids had done already.

I'm curious to read your play. If Kathryn wanted you to read it out loud so bad, then it must be good.